This Nitrous Oxide debris is what’s left behind when people get together & inhale laughing gas (aka “NOS”). People open the canister, transfer the gas into a container (usually a balloon), then inhale from the balloon.
Inhaling nitrousoxide directly from the canister is very dangerous because the gas is under such high pressure. It can cause a spasm of the throat muscle & stop a person breathing.
Nitrous oxide slows down your brain & your body’s responses, & the effects of the drug varies depending on how much has been inhaled.
Taking NOS can cause:
- feelings of euphoria, relaxation & calmness
- fits of giggles & laughter – hence the nickname ‘laughing gas’
- sound distortions & hallucinations – when you see or hear things that aren’t there
NOS can also:
- give you a severe headache
- cause dizziness
- stop you thinking straight
- cause short-lived but intense feelings of paranoia
The Nitros Oxide, Laughing Gas, Habit Is Damaging Our Environment
Birds are getting sick from swallowing balloons and beaches are littered with canisters.
Nitrous oxide, is among the top 10 most used drugs worldwide, according to the 2019 Global Drug Survey. It’s also the second most commonly used recreational drug in England and Wales after cannabis.
See this article for more information on testing your workplace. 4 Reasons To Carry Out Random Drug & Alcohol Testing In the Workplace
#itstestkits #drugs #education #training